Stock Control Clerk - Days
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Stock Control Clerk to join our team in our Knowsley Distribution Centre on the day shift. As a Stock Control Clerk you will assist and support the Wave and Inbound Planner in the efficient and safe running of the overall department by establishing and maintaining effective administration support.
- Support the Wave and Inbound Planner (WIP) to ensure stock accuracy and stock file integrity is in line with business requirements through accurate management of WMS systems, ensuring audit trials are adhered to and improved where appropriate
- Minimise DC stock loss, taking prompt action to resolve stock issues
- Contribute to overall DC performance by meeting own productivity and accuracy targets
- Accurately use the WMS systems to interrogate the system and obtain information when required
- Assist with Team Members training and new starter inductions where appropriate and as directed by WIP/Supervisor
- Ensure information on stock related issues are communicated as appropriate to other DC departments, Head Office and stores in an accurate, timely and courteous manner
- Act with due care at all times for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring the wearing of appropriate protective equipment at all times
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are followed and practiced, reporting any breaches to the Supervisor or DC H&S Advisor
- Undertake other reasonable request as and when required by Supervisor and/or DC Management team
Shift Pattern - Days 4 on 4 off shifts 6am - 6pm
• Previous Warehouse experience and experience of working in a fast paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong numerical, PC, organisation and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working under pressure
• Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience