Senior PR, Comms & Social Media Manager (Maternity Cover)
London London NW5 3EW 51.5506022 -0.1449761
Competitive plus benefits
About The Role
The Senior PR, Comms & Social Media Manager role sits within our Marketing Team, reporting to the Marketing Director.
This is based within our London office with a hybrid working policy in place which will provide you with the flexibility and freedom to work remotely.
Joining us as our Senior PR, Comms and Social Media Manager on maternity cover; It will be your role to create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive PR and social media strategy that focuses on engaging our consumer and corporate audiences to build brand/ company reputation and promote product/ marketing campaigns.
As our guardian of the Matalan corporate brand you will lead, develop and execute creative PR, influencer and social media campaigns in line with our business and marketing strategy including the profiling of our CSR strategy.
You'll be our expert in crisis management across both PR and social media you will work with the external Corporate Comms agency to lead on internal and external communication opportunities and challenges, and define and execute appropriate strategies.
This role requires strategic and creative thinking as well as the ability to plan, execute, prioritise, and succeed in a fast-paced environment. It requires the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, collaborating with relevant Matalan teams within Marketing and the rest of the business.
This role needs a strong and adaptable leader who will be responsible for the development and delivery of a PR and social media content strategy, in addition to a corporate PR plan, that profiles
- Development and ownership of a multi-layered PR and communications strategy across all departments that builds brand/ company reputation and promotes product/ marketing campaigns addressing both traditional and digital PR - annually and for season launches as well as key product and brand moments
- Generate rich, engaging coverage of Matalan that will make the biggest impact with our audience. Driving near-term business impact and long-term brand awareness
- Drive PR and communications initiatives through efficient campaign and project management, including KPI tracking, reporting and data analysis
- Develop and implement a 360 strategic social media strategy to support our mission and positioning to successfully communicate key messages to press, influencers and customers
- Develop and deliver a compelling always on content strategy that helps position Matalan as a leading family fashion and homeware retailer
- To oversee the management and implementation of on-brand influencer outreach and collaborations
- Identify exciting new tastemakers, changemakers and PR opportunities that broaden the perception of Matalan and reach new audiences
- Manage Matalan’s corporate comms agency, who support across crisis/ reputational PR and longer term corporate comms strategy planning and execution. You will be the main contact for all corporate communication issues
- Work closely with the new Head Of ESG on the external comms strategy - to include charity
- Oversee the management of the overall PR & Social Media budget, including budget for individual projects such as press and launch events
- Report and share PR & Social Media successes, challenges and learnings to internal senior stakeholders
- Work closely with other Marketing channels to ensure the development of integrated marketing activation strategies and product launch plans
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with senior stakeholders across the business – from Board/ Director level to Head’s Of
- Lead and manage a multi site team (London/ Knowsley) from manager to coordinator level across PR, Influencer and Social Media, setting high standards of excellence and ensuring consistent alignment to strategy and objectives
- Drive further digitization of PR: be aware of new social and digital media platforms and influencers relevant to the Matalan target customer and build into strategies and activations accordingly; identify ways through which digital and social PR activities can support Matalan.co.uk traffic and revenue targets, including Affiliates and SEO support
- Develop already long-established strong relationships with senior key media and influencers across all consumer and trade/business titles in the UK on behalf of Matalan
- In-depth experience in PR and social media in fashion/homeware/retail/FMCG with proven relationships with high level media and influencers
- Creative flair and imagination – leading a collaborative PR & Social Media team and influencing multiple stakeholders from Buying to Property to maintain Matalan’s identity as a value retailer
- Communications leader with a wealth of experience gained in a fashion/lifestyle retail environment
- Strong experience in social media marketing (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and TikTok), community management and influencer marketing
- Pro-active and a thought leader – creative thinking, collaboration and idea generation are key in this role
- Proven experience in Corporate Comms – crisis management to strategy creation and implementation
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver on time and within budget, handling multiple projects at any given time
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; a confident communicator at all levels both written and verbal with accomplished presentation skills
- Financially astute with the ability to be able to think and plan strategically, but still deliver to demanding time scales
- High integrity and personal standards with the drive and determination to succeed – the ability to create the right environment through enthusiasm and respect
- Competitive salary plus car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Up to 10% bonus potential
- Hybrid working, 3 days in the office, 2 days at home
- 20% discount in-store and online
- Private Healthcare
- Group Life Assurance
- Early Finish Friday (3 pm)
- Flexible working hours
- Training, development, and support tools through a variety of channels thanks to our Talent Development team - including managerial masterclass to achieve your team goals and objectives
- Onboarding scheme
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Competitive plus benefits