Social Media Manager
London London NW5 3EW 51.5506022 -0.1449761
Competitive plus benefits
About The Role
We've got an exciting role to join our PR & Social team and be the gatekeeper of the organic social media and influencer strategies which continuously deliver the brand ethos of Real Life Ready and maximises omnichannel customer conversion and value.
The role is based within our creative hub; London office (with a hybrid working model to also work remotely).
As the Social Media & Influencer Manager within Matalan, you'll be able to lead the way with social and influencer strategy and campaigns. You'll be granted autonomy over our social channels and you'll inherit a great team to help with the planning and execution!
We want creative and stand-out ideas - so you can really push the boundaries.
You'll have the opportunity to create and implement new and exciting content.
You'll also lead the influencer strategy from an ‘always on’ to ‘ambassador’ level, keeping the marketing calendar in mind throughout the year with all collaborations.
- Define and implement the social media strategy maximising engagement, reach, clicks and revenue for each channel.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running and management of all Matalan’s social channels and creating content plans for each channel aligned to the strategy with clear pillars of content appropriate for each channel (still life, model imagery, ‘lifestyle’ content etc)
- Manage a small team of Social Media Exces to ensure: the brand tone of voice and visual identify is consistent; plan weekly/monthly/seasonal content for all channels; all marketing calendar touchpoints are being covered on a weekly basis.
- Overseeing briefs for content and still life imagery being fed into the creative and production teams.
- Work closely with Brand, Creative and Content teams to create and drive innovative, distinctive and engaging social-first creative, including seasonal TV ads.
- Stay abreast of existing and emerging platforms and devise and execute plans for new platforms where necessary.
- Constant competitor analysis and identification of opportunities to drive the business and brand agenda.
- Work with the Customer insight and research team to constantly evaluate the commercial success of the social media strategy.
- Management of social media tool (Falcon) and using this for weekly/monthly/ad hoc reporting and benchmarking competitors.
- Define and implement a clear influencer strategy which feeds in from the marketing calendar for all departments.
- Develop, along with the Influencer Outreach Exec, an influencer content calendar which supports the wider marketing calendar and customer moments.
- Oversee all influencer activity including: fees, creation of briefs, negotiation with agents and influencers, contracts, reviewing and approving assets.
- Alongside the wider Social & PR team, as well as the content teams, devise and implement seasonal activations and campaigns with specific influencers.
- Use a dedicated influencer marketing analysis tool to identify new influencers to work with to support key brand and customer moments and pull campaigns reports from.
- Establish and develop strong influencer relationships.
- Management of dedicated influencer budget.
- Work with affiliate networks and third-party influencer agencies as and when needed for key moments in the marketing calendar.
- Oversee with the Influencer Outreach Exec and content all influencer content which should be delivered on time for all on site and email features.
- Work with the paid digital team to enhance influencer content across paid social.
- Work closely with buying and trade teams to ensure key product is front and centre of all influencer campaigns.
- Competitive salary plus car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Up to 10% bonus potential
- Hybrid working, 3 days in the office, 2 days at home
- 20% discount in-store and online
- Private Healthcare
- Group Life Assurance
- Early Finish Friday (3 pm)
- Flexible working hours
- Training, development, and support tools through a variety of channels thanks to our Talent Development team - including managerial masterclass to achieve your team goals and objectives
- Onboarding scheme
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Competitive plus benefits