Supplier Compliance Assistant
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
About the Role
As a brand, we pride ourselves in operating in a sustainable and ethical way and, to show our ongoing commitment to this, we’re looking to grow our Ethical team. As a Supplier Compliance Assistant, you’ll work in partnership with our suppliers and factories to ensure they meet our required compliance standards and act as a key contact within the Technical Services & Sourcing team, dealing with enquires from both internal and external customers and prioritising accordingly.
- You'll provide professional and effective support to the Ethical & Technical Compliance teams, managing all general administration duties and providing ethical and compliance advice to the wider business.
- Liaising with the relevant Buying & Merchandising teams, suppliers and factories, you’ll ensure all new supplier set ups are completed and our annual 3rd party audits are in place, highlighting any risks or challenges to the Ethical Compliance Manager.
- Maintain the supplier database, between our external data storage platform and our internal systems, amending any dicrepencies when required.
- Assess Ethical & Technical Corrective Action Plans & monitoring any non-compliance, driving decision making and actions.
- Advanced IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word. (Other systems will be taught, including Oracle, Pennine and external data storage platforms)
- Ability to work underpressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
To find the best people for our Ethical team, we’d like you to have the following....
- Experience within a similar role would be beneficial
- Advanced level of IT skills including Microsoft Office & Oracle
- High, consistent attention to detail, always striving to deliver good quality work to key deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels across the business
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
This is your opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
- Up to 25 Days holiday (Pro Rata)
- 20% Staff discount
- Our Family Extras Scheme
- Pension Scheme
8.30am – 5pm
Liverpool Head Office