Production and Print Manager (Print Buyer)
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive plus benefits
About The Role
Do you have a Print Buyer background looking for a new challenge and opportunity for a business that loves all things print! It plays a very important part in our communication with our beloved customers and stores.
We've got a new opportunity to join our POS team, working within our marketing team; In this role, you'll manage the print & fulfillment of all print (predominantly CRM & POS) in line with the Critical Path schedule to ensure that all materials are printed to specification and at the most cost-effective price.
You'll buy print for all print jobs within Matalan, demonstrating your ability to negotiate, communicate and influence. You'll be involved in all activities related to our CRM including seasonal launches for our stores.
- Be seen as the ‘expert’ in print and drive engagement in this area
- Remain focused under pressure to ensure delivery of the wider business objectives
- Provide excellent customer service to the Marketing teams by demonstrating knowledge & expertise
- Support the business to deliver quality printed communications & POS in store
- Support the business to deliver quality printed customer and member communications
- Achieve best costs for all print projects working with both existing & new suppliers to ensure that the business gets more value with less spending to maximise budgets!
- Seek to improve production techniques that result in saving money
- Regularly benchmark current suppliers versus potential suppliers to ensure best costs are achieved
- Manage challenging deadlines including all aspects of production following sign off of final artworks
- Ensure all sign-off processes are managed in a timely manner and all suppliers adhere to all aspects of quality & delivery.
- Work closely with the team to ensure budgets are maximized without compromising quality.
- Build relationships with the Marketing Team to ensure that teamwork means successful delivery of all the printed communications.
- Challenge other team members reactions to change by listening and influencing when necessary
- Respond to feedback in a positive manner
- Support the teams to ensure that the right printed product reaches the right customer on the date agreed
- Ensure you and your team deliver an outstanding service to both your internal and external customers at all times
- Inspire your team to be the best they can be through driving development, maximising potential and supporting succession.
- Ensure your team have effective and efficient processes that achieve the best outcome whilst ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that everything your team delivers is commercial and adds a financial benefit to the business in some way while minimising costs
- Ensure all print is produced and cost within budget and delivered in line with agreed schedules.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working, 3 days in the office, 2 days at home
- 20% discount in-store and online
- Private Healthcare
- Group Life Assurance
- Early Finish Friday (3 pm)
- Flexible working hours
- Training, development, and support tools through a variety of channels thanks to our Talent Development team - including managerial masterclass to achieve your team goals and objectives
- Onboarding scheme
- Previous retail/print buying role
- Experience of buying digital, litho, sheetfed, and web print
- Knowledge of working with variable data
- Proven communication and influencing skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Good organisational skills
- Naturally enthusiastic and an ability to deliver solutions strong attention to detail
- Maintain strong relationships with print & delivery suppliers to ensure good communication across all production jobs
- Build strong relationships with the POS & CRM teams to ensure they understand print and production schedules and so work briefed can be of a good standard
- Act as point of contact for all print briefs and queries
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive plus benefits