HR Assistant - **Part Time**
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Matalan are a £1bn multi-channel retail business with huge ambitions, and it’s these ambitions and the people behind us that make us who we are! Our HR Assistants provide a proactive and professional service to the Retail & Logistics functions, combining general HR administrative duties with project work to continuously improve the Shared Services delivery to our internal customers.
This is a HR Assistant Part Time opportunity, we do have a full time opportunity advertised if you would prefer that. Alternatively, if you're happy with a part time role with hours to be confirmed. This could be the right opportunity for you.
This role will provide you with plenty of variety and opportuntiy to work across all things HR, Rewards & Recognition. Learning from our experienced HR Advisors & HR Business Partners, you’ll develop your general ER & HR knowledge, taking responsibility for your own workload across short and long term sickness, AWOL and long term absence cases along with the different areas listed below.
If you're looking to progress your HR knowledge and experience and work in a role that provides you plenty of variety in a fast paced environment while learning from our experienced and talented team around you, then this could perhaps be the role for you!
About the Role
- Provide advice to colleagues and Line Managers on all Family Friendly policies, including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption leave etc.
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure we have accurate information, to be able to produce letters and issue relevant documentation relating to Mat/Pat/Adoption leave.
- Advise and carry out all administrative support relating Flexible Working Applications.
Absence and Long Term Sickness
- Provide all Advisory and Administrative support for Long-term sickness cases by coaching Line Managers on how to conduct effective and supportive LTS and Capability meetings – to take into account relevant employment law legislation, medical advice and how to implement reasonable adjustments to support our colleagues back into the workplace where appropriate.
- Liaise with external medical experts (GPs, Occupational Health) to obtain up to date and relevant medical information to support decision m aking processes relating to LTS or frequent STS cases.
- Where appropriate, provide face to face support to Line Managers, attend and minute meetings.
Reward and Recognition
You will own one or two of the following four areas, but have knowledge and be able to rotate to support the following:
- Act as first point of contact for all healthcare related queries
- On an annual basis, support with managing company healthcare scheme, checking provider information and reports, final invoice, and P11D implications.
- Weekly processing of pensions for New Starters;
- Support the Rewards Manager with annual pension figure requirement
- Ensure monthly processes for Childcare vouchers are completed in a timely and accurate manner; raising monthly invoices on time to ensure that vouchers are released on time for colleagues, including management fee invoices.
- Support colleagues within the scheme with any queries or changes to deductions, ensuring they meet HMRC eligibility in terms of both upper and lower rates of pay.
- Direct new colleagues seeking Childcare Support to the Government’s Tax Free Childcare Scheme.
- Act as first point of contact for all company car drivers, providing any necessary details to support them as a Driver, including information on cars that they can order along with Lease Company and P11d Details.
- Work with key Internal and External contacts to make sure the scheme runs smoothly
- Manage company car process by liaising with suppliers to provide quotes, place orders, arrange deliveries and collections, monthly billing, annual licence checks etc
- Conduct annual checks on car allowance including licence and insurance checks for business risk.
- Experience of working in a similar HR environment, ideally within a Retail, Logistics or Shared Service department
- Solid administration experience & strong IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven customer service skills
- Good level of commercial awareness
- Ability to work in a fast paced team to tight deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive Salary plus Benefits