Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
About the Role
As a Returns Operative, you’ll manage and process eCommerce returns in a timely manner whilst keeping control of dated stock, rejects and damaged stock. You’ll also be involved in regular Quality Control inspections, checking all incoming product quality, packaging, bar codes and box ends against Gold Seals where appropriate, and communicating any product failures to relevant parties.
- Process all eCommerce returns and deal with appropriately
- Complete PI checks
- Complete Quality Control inspections when required
- Undertake in-house processing where required
- Process confidential waste where appropriate
- Assist with stock transfers as and when required
- Book in and load out rejects as required ensuring all relevant processes are followed
- Book in DC damaged stock, ensuring minimum waste
- Hold any eCommerce returns for technologists to inspect if needed, highlighting any high levels of returns on any product.
- Book in all e-commerce returns and deal with appropriately ensuring all is recorded accurately
- Adhere to all safety and manual handling procedures ensuring correct equipment is used.
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment
Working Hours - 7am-3pm or 2pm-10pm rotating shift pattern
Working Days - Monday-Friday
- Able to work shifts with varied shift patterns available
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Well organized
- Attention to detail including accurate numerical and data importing
- Experience of maintaining accurate records
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and willingness to develop skills
- Ability to liaise with other departments
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.