Quality Control Co-ordinator - 3 month contract
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
£17,062.50 pro rata
About the Role
As a Quality Control Coordinator, you will check all incoming product quality, packaging, bar codes and box ends against Gold Seals where appropriate, and communicate any product failures to relevant parties.
- Inspect product ensuring it meets company specification and standards, aided by Web PDM and the Buying department
- Check product identification against purchase orders
- Complete relevant report documentation identifying actions where required
- Alert product/delivery failures to relevant parties, communicating action on held goods to the Distribution Centre where appropriate
- Ensure inspection and cycle of referral takes place within strict deadlines, ensuring efficient product flow through the DC
- Undertake in-house processing as required
This role is offered on a 7am-3pm / 2pm-10pm rotating shift pattern for a minimum of 3 months.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Well organized
- Attention to detail including accurate numerical and data importing
- Experience of maintaining accurate records
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and willingness to develop skills
- Ability to liaise with other departments
- Able to work the shift pattern available
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
£17,062.50 pro rata