Business Analyst (Business Change/eCommerce)
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience
About the Role
When it comes to Business Change we do things slightly different at Matalan, focused on making change transitions as easy as possible for our leaders & colleagues. Our approach sees us combine the traditional Business Analyst and Business Readiness Lead roles together allowing the team to work holistically across the full cycle of change, not only designing it but seeing it through to delivery and transition, providing one point of contact for the business and reducing handoffs throughout a project. As a value retailer efficiency is a key priority for us and this approach helps us to not only simplify Business Change but to work in the most effective way.
As a Business Change Analyst you will partner with the business to deliver change. Using the Matalan Business Change Framework you will facilitate understanding of the change across the business and translate this into an engagement story. You will create ‘To Be’ processes and define how we move from the ‘As Is’ state and ‘To Be’ state. You will also document business requirements and then deliver the change through comms planning, training needs analysis and training design.
Assessing business readiness and adoption will be a key part of your role ensuring we set the business up to realise the benefits of the change.
- Work with business sponsors to facilitate understanding of the change and the scope
- Use this info to translate the change into a tangible engagement story
- Create, maintain and report on your Business Change plans – being accountable for the plan from creation to delivery
- Use your specialist insight to influence situations you feel have room for improvement, have a voice and challenge back where necessary to achieve the best outcome for Matalan
- Create a clear picture of the impact for change to the business/ function with recommendations to mitigate
- Work cross functionally to bring to life any end to end impacts, influencing where need to ensure the change will be delivered and sustained
- Gather business requirements
- Map ‘As is’ ‘ To be’ states, working with process experts to bring the current and the new to life, piecing it all together and providing a route of how we move from one state to the next
- Liaise with specialists to design & deliver comms & training
- Assess the relevant functions capacity & capability for change
- Carry out business readiness assessments, recommend areas for improvement and ensure these take place
- Assesses adoption, drilling down into areas of low adoption and work with the project team to identify root cause and improve
- Work with the PM on the transition to BAU plan ensuring the change is sustainable
- Support the business sponsors to realise the benefits through Benefits Identification
- Liaise with the CI team on opportunities for improvements
- Be proactive in providing a toolkit of principles & techniques we use to educate the business
- Invest time looking externally to what is happening in the marketplace with regards to retail initiatives and business change practices
- Be a credible advocate for Business Change helping to educate the business on the right fit for Matalan
- Build strong, productive relationships across the business that enable you to work effectively across a number of teams
- Strong eCommerce experience
- Strong Business Analysis skills
- Able to build out investment/business cases for board and stakeholder approval
- Able to build out future roadmaps
- Beneficial to have Omni-Channel experience
- Suitable background and experience in Change management, can create
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to build lasting relationships and engage an audience and take them on the journey of change
- Excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Problem Solving and Root cause analysis experience
- Team player focused on the success of the whole team
- Ability to adapt to high changing environments and flex style to suit multiple situations
- Credible influencing skills
- Tenacious & Determined
- Well organised
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience