Warehouse Shift Manager
Corby Corby Curver Way, Willowbrook Industrial Estate, NN17 5XU 52.5016418 -0.6679656999
Depending on experience
About the Role
We're currently looking for a Warehouse Shift Manager to join the team in our Corby DC. Reporting to the General Site Manager, you will own and be accountable for all of the sites operations within your shift. You will lead your department of Supervisors and will role model Matalan’s behaviours and set clear goals and prioritise the day to day activities for all operations in order to achieve all service, safety and cost KPI’s. You will help develop a performance culture through delivering the site strategy, and constantly deliver positive change and improvements.
- Accountable for your shifts performance. Ensuring regular reviews of Supervisors takes place to drive performance that drives commercial and operational improvements.
- Attract, grow and retain a high performing team, through actively coaching, developing and supporting your Supervisors, who will be empowered to make timely decisions.
- Ensure that the team skill levels are flexible to support changing expectations and business growth.
- Understand your teams performance rates and standards throughout the DC, by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Drive a culture where colleagues enjoy coming to work, you are a role model of our brand and values.
- Embrace a culture where you prioritise both internal and external customers.
- Empower your Supervisors to make timely decisions in the best interest of the total site’s performance, as well as supporting them to manage difficult situations and challenging conversations with colleagues.
- Operates with pace, resilience and keeps the team focused on the current priorities.
- Creates a learning culture throughout the site, by being approachable, open and honest.
- Motivate your team to make decisions for themselves, try new ideas out and learning from this.
- Create a learning environment of self development using resources available such as Matalan Education.
- Be an ambassador for Health & Safety creating a positive ‘behavioural’ safety environment.
- Ensure all company procedures and standards are consistently and fairly applied.
- Manage ER issues in a timely manner, liaising with your HRSS contact to ensure effective and consistent outcomes.
- Create strong working relationships with key stakeholders, i.e. Transport, Ecomm Trading, HRSS, & Imports.
- Effective communicator to all levels within the business.
- Be visible to all team members to drive collaborative working and build trust.
- Be accountable for the control of daily/weekly cost per unit contributions on your shift.
- Awareness and contribution of budget planning for your department.
- Demonstrable and successful delivery of significant change projects while leading sizeable teams in a manufacturing , fashion, FMCG and/or home ware Ecommerce and Retail distribution centre
- Proven track record of developing , managing and improving automated solutions to optimise productivity and flow
- Ability to demonstrate an excellent customer and colleague focus
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commercial thinker
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Understand and interpret all Warehouse Management Systems (Nova, Manhattan etc) in order to drive decision making
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 11,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience