Warehouse Stock Control Supervisor - Nights
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Stock Control Supervisor to join the team here in our Knowsley Distribution Centre. As a Stock Control Supervisor you will assist the Stock Control Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of the Stock Control Team, deputising in the Manager’s absence as required. This role is key in ensuring all Team members on the department have the required skills to achieve the department's objectives
Shift Pattern - 4 on 4 off Nightshift 6pm - 6am
- Ensure PI cycles are completed as per Company timelines and expectations
- Ensure optimum availability of all mailer/promotional lines utilising mailer availability reports, WMS and Pennine stock systems
- Utilise appropriate reports to monitor ‘dated outstanding’ in line with DC standard and requirements
- Monitor weekly ‘stock adjustments’ report
- Monitor the correct movements of cross stocks and bulk transfers ensuring verification is in line with business requirements
- Minimise DC stock loss, taking prompt action to resolve stock issues/discrepancies
- Effective and timely communication of stock issues affecting intake and DC throughput to relevant individuals and departments
- Manage stock control team to ensure regular daily KPI’s are completed, ensuring stock take related tasks are completed
- Responsibility for conducting DC stock takes ensuring compliance to Company best practice
- Take a proactive stance to improve communications with DC customers (Head Office, Stores and IT)
- Deputise for Stock, Systems & E-Commerce Manager when required
- Previous Warehouse experience and/or experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience of managing a team of at least 8 headcount
- Prior knowledge of Pennine/PKMS or similar warehouse management systems and associated interfaces
- Strong numerical, PC, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working under pressure with the ability to cope with multiple tasks
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills at all levels
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Strong people management skills, in particular supporting HR policies and practices
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience