Senior Systems Controller
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Systems Controller to join the team here at our Knowsley Distribution Centre. As a Senior Systems Controller you will report into the Control Room Manager taking responsibility for the throughput of the ecommerce automation, managing your team of systems controllers to ensure effective execution.
Managing the technical specialists and working in collaboration with the onsite operational shift managers, you will ensure the “batches” of work are inducted in the correct order aligned to time critical SLA’s and use appropriate monitoring and alerting systems to pre-empt any potential issues, taking corrective action and escalating when necessary.
You will have a working knowledge of multiple core systems (WMS, WCS, SCADA) to successfully execute this role.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Supporting the control room manger to lead and motivate a competent and fully committed team appraising performance when necessary
- Take responsibility for all issues raised to the control room and escalating mechanical breakdowns for quick resolution.
- Ensure the team execute DILO processes effectively
- Proactively manage and support the team in identifying and monitoring issues, direct suitable staff to take appropriate action to deal with issues and ensure stock flows freely at the required rate
- Provide advice and guidance to the control manager to maximise the efficiency of the operation
- Identify opportunities and initiatives for continuous improvements in ways of working, quality, consistency and effectiveness.
- Lead, develop and instil our company values in order to maximise behaviour, performance and standards within the control room
- Liaise and work closely with other areas of the business to apply and implement solutions to improve the control room and automation optimisation
- Focused, calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience of leading a team in a manufacturing/fashion/distribution environment
- Driven and self motivated to proactively find and address problems with solutions.
- Strong leadership, motivation and team building skills
- Eye for detail, analytical and a proven problem solver
- Team player, able to share best practice to ensure consistency across 24/7 operations.
- Computer literate – with demonstratable experience of WMS, WCS and other Logistics systems including Microsoft office applications (excel, word, PowerPoint)
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience