Warehouse Team Manager - Nights
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for Warehouse Team Managers to join our Distribution Centre team here in Knowsley. As Warehouse Team Manager, reporting into the Shift Manager, you will own and be responsible for the performance of your Operative direct reports and for the internal and external service, safety and cost KPI’s of your department.
You will ensure the effective day to day running of your department providing your team with clear leadership, communication, guidance and support to ensure the right process and procedures are followed and performance metrics are achieved You will seek new and more effective ways to improve performance and share these with your colleagues to ensure consistency
Shift Pattern: Nights 4 on 4 Off 6pm - 6am
- Be responsible and take ownership for your teams performance Ensure regular reviews of team operatives and process assistants takes place to drive performance, commercial and operational improvements.
- Develop and maintain a high performing team, through actively coaching, developing and supporting your team operatives
- Address skill gaps and multi skilling requirements of team operatives
- Manage your team and departments performance rates and standards, by creating a positive and productive working environment
- Support the Shift Manager in delivering a culture where colleagues enjoy coming to work
- Deliver a culture where your team can prioritise internal and external customers, and recognise and celebrate success within your department
- Ensure your team operatives are following standard operating procedures
- Complete regular, effective and constructive individual performance meetings, as well as managing difficult situations and challenging conversations with team operatives.
- Understand and interpret site and company information and communicate to team operatives and ensure that they understand the key messages.
- Deliver a learning culture throughout the site, by being visible, approachable, through listening to feedback and ideas
- Lead by example for Health Safety creating a positive behavioural safety environment
- Ensure all company procedures and standards are consistently and fairly applied
- Manage ER issues in a timely manner, liaising with your Shift Manager and HRSS contact to ensure effective and consistent outcomes
- Create strong working relationships with stakeholders, such as other departments in the DC, Transport and HRSS
- Deliver the daily/weekly cost per unit contributions on your department
- Demonstrate managing in the delivery of significant change projects in a manufacturing , fashion, FMCG and/or home ware Ecommerce and Retail distribution centre
- Proven track record of managing and implementing automated solutions to optimise productivity and flow
- Ability to demonstrate an excellent customer and colleague focus
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised, experienced in working under pressure and multi-tasking
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Driven and self-motivated
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience