Warehouse Planning Manager
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Planning Manager to join Knowsley Distribution Centre Management team. As a Planning Manager you will support the General Manager and Operational Managers through the forecasting, planning and management of cost and labour requirements based on volumes.
Focus will be on both preparation for anticipated volumes, the labour and resource planning, as well as identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies. You will demonstrate the Matalan values and behaviours, delivering both the Leadership and operational support and guidance required
- Forecasting and planning volumes, calling out the impact on KDC costs and labour requirements based on company issued volumes
- Forecasting of finances, supporting budget preparation, development of suitable models to forecast costs and labour requirements from anticipated activity changes
- Liaison with department operational managers and on-site agency, to develop and deliver plans for recruitment, monitoring against KPI’s
- Monitoring planned vs. actual volumes, analysing variance and calling out cost impact to the operational managers and Finance team
- Cost analysis and suggesting alternatives and possible cost efficiencies to the operational managers
- Production of reports and proposals where required, and presenting to Logistics management team to support with decision making
- As well as responding to problems, identification and elimination of root causes of recurring issues that raise cost and reduce performance
- Performing a ‘gatekeeper’ role on any initiatives and/or business changes that will have cost, labour and efficiency impact to KDC, involvement on projects required to communicate impacts to project team and stakeholders
- Management of shift balance and rotas, displaying cost-effective shift and capacity planning
- Efficiency management – analysing performance trends to identify shortfalls and recommend solutions
- Seeking out and recording hours and tasks that can be capitalised linked to KDC change projects
- Facilitate daily and weekly meetings where required
- Strong communication and people management skills including influencing more senior managers
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision in a high pressured environment
- Ability to manage timescales and budget
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of and expert capability of using Microsoft Excel and other MS Office software
- Driven and self motivated
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 11,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience