Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive plus benefits
About the Role
The Assistant Producer will work as part of the Marketing production team managing the briefing and liaison with all 3rd party photography suppliers to execute photography for all channels, including fashion model shoots, fashion still life, homeware and Ecom.
- Manage the new photography projects including CGI to support our growing homeware range and AI for our Ecom fashion.
- Independently produce Homeware seasonal PR shoots end to end.
- Ensuring each job runs to schedule by creating and managing critical paths.
- Managing the relationship with internal stakeholders and 3rdparties and ensuring all shoots land within budget, on time and to brief.
- Manage interface with the Buying & Merchandising trading floor key reps to ensure product reviews and planning sessions are managed for key photography phases.
- Managing all weekly photography meetings with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Creating and maintaining production schedules and updates post these sessions and cascading as appropriate.
- Support budget management by regularly maintain budget sheets, signing off shoot estimates with senior production manager and raising PO’s / month end budget management.
- Support the Photography Production Manager and photography production team during peak time periods including creative shoot samples management and shot selection.
- Deputise for the Photography Production Manager in their absence and support in coaching and mentoring this team.
• Drive effective shoot plans by working with channel owners and B&M trading teams to understand asset requirement and seasonal business needs.
• Identifying opportunities to avoid duplication and achieve economies of scale.
• Maintain the seasonal critical paths and advance planning, managing schedules and delivery, and adherence to budget.
• Support budget management and administration on a weekly basis for all photo-shoots.
• Day to day liaison with external production companies / agencies for efficient delivery of all photography and CGI / AI
• Support the management of our new CGI and AI projects, managing external agencies, problem solving, introducing and refining new ways of working and embedding new internal processes to support.
•Manage the PR Homeware seasonal shoots including end to end production, booking all talent/crew, managing on set production and location management to meet the PR brief, on budget and to deadlines.
• Preparation of shooting schedule and shot count, working with the art director and external production companies on the shoot schedule. Sharing this shoot schedule in a timely manner to the photography production team.
• Attend and support studio and location shoots when required.
• Support post-production delivery by ensuring all assets land with the post-production team on deadline and to the correct specification.
• Filing of all contracts, shoot documents, estimates and budgets documentation in central location.
• Manage and regularly review the price menu matrix for satellite studios for Ecom, Homeware & Still Life.
• Schedule regular sessions with key photography stakeholders, take minutes and actions.
• Maintaining strong cross-functional partnerships with finance, B&M, marketing and external studios and agencies.
• Communicate workflow status and flag any concerns to the Senior Production Management team.
• Deputise for the Photography Production Manager in their absence and support in coaching and mentoring this team.
• Support the Photography Production Manager and photography production team during peak time periods including creative shoot samples management and shot selection.
• Responsible for scheduling product reviews working with styling team and ensuring these work within the Marketing and B&M critical path
• Weekly budget management including raising all PO’s , maintain photo budget s heet, signing off all es timates with Senior Production Manager.
• Ensure all homeware & fashion still life studios are booked in advance and to schedule.
• Ensure all fashion shoots are booked via external production agency in advance and to schedule.
• 3 years + experience shoot production within fashion and/or retail
• Ability to challenge agency and studios to ensure we are delivering shoot efficiencies.
• Highly organised managing all administration work
• Ability to use Microsoft office & Google Docs
• Excellent communication skills
• Location and Studio Experience desired
• Must be agile and adaptable
• Work well under pressure
• Ability to build relationship and work within a fast-paced environment
• Team working skills and ability to work cross -functionally
• In depth understanding of the Matalan brand aesthetic and values
• Proactive solutions based approach and ability to work independently
• Strong interest in fashion, design and contemporary culture
• Genuine interest in the Matalan brand and business
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive plus benefits