eCommerce Product Owner
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Owner to join our eCommerce Team here at Matalan Head Office. As a Product Owner you will be responsible for defining and executing a product roadmap for our digital customer experience which maximises business and customer value. You will drive both the high-level roadmap and daily/weekly backlog prioritisation, whilst also managing all stakeholder relationships and communication.
- Set the product vision and define business goals for our digital customer experience.
- Ensure that the strategy and vision is translated into operational objectives and tasks for the team.
- Keep the team up to date on the real-world impact of their work and inspire them to achieve more.
- Demonstrate progress by measurement.
- Champion the product – accountable for seeking out all potential internal and external consumers.
- Understand product design and software delivery best practices and collaborate with subject matter experts in areas of deep domain knowledge.
- Align expectations and the team’s efforts by agreeing a clear strategy and roadmap
- Lead the team by example to promote lean working practices, specifically early de-risking and early and continuous value delivery
- Lead the team to use evidence to drive prioritisation decisions and trade-offs.
- Make pragmatic decisions to achieve the best outcome.
- Build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders, encouraging the team to do the same.
- Influence and challenge internal and external stakeholders where required to drive the digital customer experience forward in order to achieve maximum business and customer value
- Embrace change, learning and continuous improvement and instil this within the team.
- Understand and communicate business needs at all levels.
- Accountable for backlog management with the ability to challenge requests with informed reasoning.
- Manages Junior/Associate Product Owners/BAs to create a broader Product Management function which drives forward the digital customer experience.
- Being passionate about digital product – having a desire to consistently improve things and drive the experience forward for your customers/users.
- Focusing on data – utilising data to make evidence-based decisions when prioritising, ensuring you are always maximising value realisation.
- Representing the customer – the Product Owner should represent the customer, ensuring changes are made in their best interests as well as the best interests of the wider business.
- Communicating well – maintaining great engagement with a variety of stakeholders is key. It’s critical that a Product Owner can demystify priorities and clearly articulate the direction of travel to build confidence in what the team is delivering.
- Commerciality – a Product Owner needs to make decisions that will minimise the time-to-value, and so needs to understand the fundaments of what unlocks value for a business so that the team can focus in the right areas
- Awareness of various lean, agile delivery practices
- Has been involved with most aspects of software delivery and life cycle, including gathering and developing requirements, breaking down complex requirements into independent user stories, capturing detailed acceptance criteria, building a release plan / roadmap with user stories in collaboration with the customer, managing the backlog and incorporating user feedback
- Ability to rapidly understand business needs and environments, the marketplace, future trends, opportunities and constraints in any business domain
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience