General Site Manager
Corby Corby Curver Way, Willowbrook Industrial Estate, NN17 5XU 52.5016418 -0.6679656999
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a General Manager to join the team within our Corby Distribution Centre leading the Operations Managers to ensure efficient day to day management of the Distribution Centre, ensuring all the process and procedures are carried out in line with agreed budgetary and service goals.
Reporting to the Head of Logistics, the General Manager will be responsible for delivering key strategic initiatives and will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that the expectations of our customers, operational plans and health and safety requirements are delivered.
This is a great opportunity for a highly credible and experienced logistics leader to have a significant impact on the performance of Logistics and Supply Chain and contribute to the continued success and growth of Matalan.
- Take a strategic approach to the operation, continuously seek improved ways of working and actively encourage beneficial change
- Drive performance through analysis of KPI’s to achieve all targets
- Implement any new key business initiatives
- Promote productivity, accuracy, throughput, stock turnaround and quality targets, ensuring that they are communicated, understood and achieved
- Accurately plan and manage labour costs to agreed standards ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Scrutinise and manage the operational budget to deliver financial targets and identify opportunities to deliver financial gains
- Drive a service culture through coaching the team and sharing best practice
- Oversee and challenge on shelf availability and picking accuracy in order to better service customers, both internal and external
- Ensure that Managers are working within HR guidelines, ensuring all Companies HR procedures and standards are consistently and fairly applied
- Lead monthly reviews with Operations Managers and Business Partners
- Ensure the successful achievement of positive audit scores.
- Think and plan in terms of months and years to ensure that the operation has appropriate plans in place to deal with peak periods
- Manage Health and Safety, working proactively to ensure continuous improvement of all H&S practices ensuring appropriate structure and governance is in place
- Constantly drive continuous improvement in all warehouse operations
We’re looking for someone who can drive change and continuous improvement through their engagement of the team and an ability to influence and build successful working relationships across the business. You’ll need to demonstrate your credibility as a leader alongside proven experience operating and delivering successfully in a similar large-scale warehousing role within a fashion and/or homeware retailer.
- Commercial awareness with well-developed budgetary management abilities
- Proven track record of delivering projects
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Driven and self-motivated
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience