Corby Corby Curver Way, Willowbrook Industrial Estate, NN17 5XU 52.5016418 -0.6679656999
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Supervisor to join our Transport Team.
As part of the Transport team, you will be a key member in supporting and reporting into the Operations Support Manager and working collaboratively across the shifts to ensure efficient day to day management of the Transport office. Ensuring all process and procedures are carried out in line with agreed service goals. A first line supervisor role within the Transport Department, overseeing a of team drivers and liaising with key stakeholders in the operation.
• You will be part of a team of Supervisors and will be responsible for your shift and to give an effective and efficient handover at the start and end of your shift to ensure continuity.
• Achieving on time store deliveries by the most cost effective and efficient utilisation of hours and vehicles.
• Achieving agreed budgetary, financial and service goals of the sites.
• Ensuring best practice with regards to issues relating to working hours, overtime and agency usage. HR issues re RTW interviews, allocation of holidays, discipline and grievance issues. Health & Safety issues re vehicle checks, accident reporting, ensure compliance with all site policies and procedures, and legislative requirements.
• Other duties will include; despatch and debrief of drivers, completion of transport paperwork, collation of statistical information for various transport reports, regular communication with other interested parties across the contract, and other general transport duties.
• Operational support across the transport department will be required.
• Data input of daily and weekly stats for reporting,
• Deal with third parties, such as mechanics, fuel deliveries
• Speak to stores re deliveries.
• Liaise with planners, re store delivery schedules
• Carry out yard audits
• Manage driver and vehicle infringements
• Ensuring defects are reported and dealt with accordingly
• Monitor and asses the daily usage of the company fleet
• Occasional travel to other sites may be required.
• Any other reasonable duties that may be requested by management
• Previous experience of working in a Transport environment
• Ability to demonstrate an excellent customer focus
• Leadership & Organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Driven and self motivated
• Commercial Thinker
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience