Mossend Mossend ML4 55.8195463 -4.0076506
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a lead Driver to join our Transport Team.
As part of the Transport team, you will be a key member in supporting and reporting into the Transport Operations Support Manager in Mossend, ensuring all process and procedures are carried out in line with agreed service goals.
• Despatch and debrief of drivers, completion of transport paperwork, collation of statistical information for various transport reports, regular communication with other interested parties across the contract, and other general transport duties.
• Operational support across the transport department will be required.
• Data input of daily and weekly stats for reporting,
• Deal with third parties, such as mechanics, fuel deliveries
• Speak to stores re deliveries.
• Liaise with planners, re store delivery schedules
• Carry out yard audits.
• Manage driver and vehicle infringements
• Ensuring defects are reported and dealt with accordingly
• Monitor and asses the daily usage of the company fleet
• Occasional travel to other sites may be required.
• Any other reasonable duties that may be requested by management
• Previous experience of working in a transport environment
• LGV Drivers License
• Leadership and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Commercial thinker
• Driven and self motivated
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience