Data Privacy Manager
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Data Privacy Manager to join our Business Risk team here at Matalan Head Office. As a Data Privacy Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that Matalan maintains its current state of compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations and PCI:DSS. You will also perform a second line of defence compliance / audit role of the businesses’ IT security.
Working closely with cross functional stakeholders, you will continue to promote the culture of diligent data management and required privacy, to ensure continued compliance with the relevant GDPR and PCI regulations. Alongside the Information Security Manager, you will ensure compliance against internal policies, standards and controls in relation to IT security is being achieved.
- Support and manage PCI-DSS compliance audits in order to achieve satisfactory results and certification whilst overseeing penetration testing and taking follow up actions, as required.
- Together with the Legal team, monitor legislative and regulatory reform and updates which affect UK activities and provide practical guidance to the business on key UK data privacy changes.
- Ensure required induction or refresh training for security (including PCI) and data privacy (including GDPR) is being delivered
- Audit information security best practices at a second line level, i.e. Monitor compliance with policies and practices as stipulated by the IT Security Manager
- Support the implementation and adherence to current and future Data Protection Legislation / GDPR
- Support the Head of Legal by ensuring GDPR readiness of third party support contracts and remain informed of legal and regulatory developments and their implications in the UK.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders across the business to deliver updates re robustness of standards with relevant areas of responsibility, i.e. GDPR, PCI and Infosec control KPIs
- Review and assess business data for personal data content, identifying and redacting privileged, confidential and non-personal data, (with the assistance of Legal where necessary), creating response packs and management of SAR / RTBF documentation.
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses. Work with IT to agree recommendations for improvements to the database.
- Audit the robustness of the Information Security Framework and accompanying policy(s) ISO2700 and report findings to designated stakeholders
- Carry out Privacy Impact Assessments on new products and projects and complete Data Protection Audits on business functions and key risk areas.
- Contribute via the Group Assurance Manager and Information Security Manager to the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery testing schedules for the business.
- Develop the plan and manage the budget for the Data Privacy team within Business Risk
- Demonstrable background of success through a tenacious and effective approach to meeting and exceeding targets (both individually and through a team) and delivering an outstanding client experience
- Experience of working with and influencing internal and external senior business stakeholders and contributing the appropriate updates for Board level consideration
- Ambition to learn and grow as a key contributor to business stability
- Professional experience and a keen interest in data protection matters such as data privacy, audits, compliance, policies, subject access requests, right to be forgotten)
- Evidence of effective working with external stakeholders
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- A process driven individual, able to develop and deliver a plan and budget to ensure the required compliance within the areas of responsibility across the business
- A team player who understands the business benefits of a collaborative working culture
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience