Recruitment Advisor (Maternity Cover)
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re currently looking for a Recruitment Advisor to join us to join the team here at Matalan to cover a period of Maternity leave. As a Recruitment Advisor you will work in partnership with the Area Managers, Regional HRBP’s and Management teams in store and within the Distribution Centres to source external talent at management level, ensuring an excellent candidate experience. You’ll also co-ordinate the bulk recruitment events for new stores recruitment of General Sales Assistants and our peak warehouse operative intake.
Reporting into the Recruitment Manager, you’ll be a creative and self-motivated recruiter with a high degree of commercial awareness. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to create strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Ensure all store management vacancies for are advertised on Insight, Matalan’s recruitment website and external job boards and that they are updated weekly, monitoring their performance and producing reports when needed
- Conduct candidate searches on external job boards, Linked In etc as required
- Receive direct applications for vacancies, screen and shortlist candidates and respond accordingly, regretting and placing on hold as required
- Process candidate CVs received via email and log onto the database
- Handle enquiries from prospective external candidates via telephone, email and post
- Deal with internal candidate enquiries and applications following the agreed internal recruitment process
- Arrange interviews for candidates with prospective Line Managers, ensuring detailed notes are received from the hiring manager.
- Undertake all aspects of administration related to the recruitment of roles to ensure the Company and legislative requirements are met
- Arrange and co-ordinate assessment centres where required for new store management teams
- Co-ordinate bulk recruitment events for new stores recruitment of General Sales Assistants
- Manage candidates through the whole recruitment process, making verbal offers, handling counter offers and keeping in touch with them until their start date
- Liaise regularly with Retail and DC stakeholders to discuss current and future vacancies and recruitment plans
- Support the Recruitment Team (both Head Office & Retail) with all ad hoc administration duties as and when required including advertising, assessment centres, new starters and payroll
- Undertake project work as required by the Recruitment Team as well as the wider HR function
- Solid recruitment background with experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong IT skills in particular Microsoft Word & Excel
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator including strong verbal and written skills with the ability to interact at a senior level
- Strong customer service skills with experience of relationship management
- Planning and organisational skills with experience of delivering to tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility towards a demanding and varied workload
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We, therefore, encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience