MHE Site Trainer
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
About the Role
Our Distribution Centre is based on the Knowsley Industrial Estate in Liverpool. The site is just over 1 million Sq Ft, here we operate a large E-commerce and retail business and distribute to over 230 stores as well as our Export business.
As a MHE trainer you will be a key member of the team, you will be required to conduct work place audits, pre-operation checks and ensure all MHE training, refresher training, inductions and related safety briefs are completed for all colleagues including agency staff and contractors. You will be expected to monitor expiry dates of all training and create rolling plans to ensure that training needs are met.
Health & safety is a big aspect of the role, you will be required to ensure that all Health & Safety Policies and Procedures are followed and practiced, reporting any breaches to your Line Manager in the 1st instance. You will be expected to write Safe systems of work for MHE operations in a warehouse environment, as well as providing support and assistance to your Shift Manager, Operation and Health & Safety managers.
Days, 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm rotating, Monday - Friday
To find the best candidate for this role, we’d like you to have the following....
- Experience of working in a similar DC environment
- Previous experience of RTITB/ ITSSAR training
- Good people skills with the ability to communicate with people in different positions.
- Relevant MHE Licences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate (Desirable)
- IPAF Licence ( for MEWP’s) (Desirable)
- Any other certificates or relevant training
Working at Matalan is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and opportunities to develop yourself.
The Benefits available are...
- From 23 Days holiday
- 20% Staff discount
- PPT & Uniform
- Our Family Extras Scheme - An exclusive discount website, which you as a valued member of our Matalan Family, can access and save money at hundreds of retailers across the country
- Pension Scheme
- We are fully committed to creating a learning culture in all our stores so from day one you’ll get a great induction, access to our ‘Me Learning’ online platform and ongoing support and development to help you grow within your role
This is your opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer.
This is Retail Made Real.