Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
About the Role
As an accounts administrator you will be a key member of the finance department and work within the purchase ledger, sales ledger and bank areas. You will ensure that financial information is processed in a timely manner and support the management accounts team in their delivery of period end reporting.
- Receive and input invoices received from all suppliers
- Clear suppliers invoices for payment and raise the payment within online banking
- Provide first line support for incoming queries/issues by phone or email – Escalate more complex queries if necessary.
- Manage suppliers accounts, including monthly reconciliation of suppliers statements
- Raise sales invoices and send to customers
- Chase customers for outstanding debts
- Assist the cash accountant with bank reconciliations by uploading and matching bank statements
- Actualising the cashflow for review
- Reconciling the online Paypal control account
- Cross functional training to ensure full cover is provided due to holidays/sickness etc.
- Drive through improvements on existing and new processes.
- Ensure detailed knowledge of all policies and procedures are reviewed quarterly.
- Carry out specified tasks on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Be able to carry out any additional ad hoc duties as and when required in order to ensure the smooth running of the department and that all daily/weekly/monthly task are completed on time ensuring an excellent customer service has been provided.
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent).
- Good communication skills
- IT literate including experience of spreadsheets and word processing
- Have a high standard of input accuracy.
- Previous experience of working in a accounting department would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate with more senior levels of management.
- Be able to carry out a full Route Cause Analysis and close off any queries.
- Ability to work in a busy team environment, to challenging deadlines.
- Positive, hardworking and enthusiastic outlook
- Continuously look for process improvements.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office