Regional HR Business Partner
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re currently looking for a Regional HR Business to join the team here at Matalan. As an HR Business Partner your key focus is to be the strategic business partner to the Senior Leadership team across Retail supporting and driving teams to achieve their overall business objectives.
Reporting directly into the Head of HR for Retail and Logistics, you will work as part of the Retail HR leadership team, with an opportunity to really make a positive difference and drive the People agenda across its function.
The successful person will be skilled at building trusted partnerships, with the ability to commercially advise and drive a high performance and engagement culture and challenge and influence in order to drive effective change.
You will drive an efficient and professional, customer focused HR advisory service, inspiring a culture of continuous improvement and career progression.
- Drive a “put the customer first culture” to ensure our internal customer needs are met and exceeded.
- Have a detailed and accurate understanding of the business areas you partner, including organisation design, people, roles and payroll/budgets..
- Own and drive a culture of engagement across the HR team, Customers / Stakeholders, Senior Leaders and wider business.
- Drive a commercial mindset with the wider HR team to deliver a solution fit for the business
- Working alongside the HR Advisors, ensure team work loads and accountabilities support efficiency and career progression. Support the Head of Retail & Logistics to drive and land the People agenda.
- Have a structured, clear and consistent approach to team communications including 121s, team meetings, PDRs, cascades of key information to engage and support team performance.
- Ability to take a lead role to drive successful change through effect management of organisation design projects or ad-hoc HR initiatives.
- Deliver and implement the reward and recognition agenda for the function
- Ensure all HR related processes are carried out to a high standard, within agreed timescales and legally compliant.
- Ensure clear and aligned communication between HR, L&D and Recruitment teams to ensure talent within their function is managed effectively to drive stability and retention of the Matalan Family.
- Drive and Embed a change management culture in the appropriate function
- Challenge and influence senior management to deliver on the operational people agenda and challenge costs and review processes to ensure optimum value for money.
- Ensure a strategic focus and culture of high performance is embedded to drive positive changes in people management.
- Through effective business partnering, support your key stakeholders in the achievement of their team and overall business strategy.
- Ensure appropriate People Data/KPI’s are reviewed and shared with key stakeholders to drive high performance and provides our business leaders with the insight to support team development, engagement, stability and retention.
- Work with the Shared Services ER manager to deliver a clear commercial ER strategy
- A confident and clear communicator
- Willing to travel across the country to deliver and support the customer
- Ability to build and maintain successful business partnering relationships
- Creative and innovative to drive continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to engage and motivate others
- Resilient and resourceful
- Confidence to make quick and informed decisions
- Be a confident voice, challenge others
- Customer focussed with the ability to `do the right thing`
- Proven HR generalist at a Business Partner level ideally within HO Retail environment
- Experience of operating at a strategic level within HR function
- Ambassador of team development and career progression
- A clear understand of Employment Law and impact upon Head Office
- An understanding of HR outside of Matalan and within the industry
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience