Recruitment Manager (Temp)
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive plus Benefits
With a vision to be the most trusted retailer of family value, at Matalan we make sure our employees and customers are at the heart of everything that we do. We have an exciting opportunity to join us as our Recruitment Manager for Retail & Logistics on a temporary basis.
You'll support delivering the recruitment strategies across these areas and working in partnership with Senior Management and our HR Business Partners to ensure that high standards of operational delivery, customer service and candidate experience are achieved.
Reporting into the Head of HR, you will have a successful track record of operating at Recruitment Manager level to deliver in-house end to end recruitment solutions, demonstrating extensive experience of volume recruitment planning and delivery.
We’re looking for an inspirational leader who is flexible, creative and self-motivated with strong commercial awareness and the ability to develop a high-performing team. You’ll create and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships with Senior Management across Retail & Logistics, ensuring expectations are managed and objectives are delivered.
About The Role
- Support the Head of HR with the creation and delivery of commercially robust recruitment strategies for Retail & Logistics that demonstrate Return on Investment, Innovative Thinking and with a future focus.
- Lead and develop a team of Recruitment Advisors to ensure the highest calibre of candidate is recruited across both functions, identifying and targeting key competitors that are the ‘best fit’ for Matalan.
- Employ and encourage direct sourcing techniques such as head hunting and direct approaches, utilising available platforms such as LinkedIn to understand the market and create target lists.
- Deliver accurate and timely data and reporting to support business decisions
- Review and evolve current policies and processes, demonstrating innovation and creativity in our choice of attraction and sourcing channels, assessment materials and recruitment tools, ensuring an outstanding candidate journey whilst delivering best practice and compliance.
- Utilise your industry network to identify who Matalan should strategically partner with to deliver our business objectives, providing access to relevant talent pools for each business need.
- Act as a Matalan Ambassador at career fairs, open days and networking events and alongside our social media channels develop our Employer Brand, promoting Matalan as a Great Place to Work.
- As part of the HR Leadership Team, take an active role in wider HR projects to give a recruitment perspective.
- Proven experience at Recruitment Manager level, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of delivering volume recruitment across Retail and/or Logistics
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, utilising industry knowledge and experience to make commercial decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team and drive collaboration to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Able to demonstrate a flexible approach and positive attitude with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills with natural influencing ability
- High level of planning and organisational skills with experience of delivering a varied and, at times, intensive workload to tight deadlines
In return you’ll become a valuable member of the Matalan family, receiving a full 360 induction to our business with exposure to Senior Management from day one. You’ll have access to our extensive leadership development opportunities to support your growth along with our excellent benefits package including a generous holiday allowance, pension, healthcare and the opportunity to earn bonus in recognition of your contribution to the company.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We, therefore, encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Competitive plus Benefits