Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Competitive plus benefits
About the Role
We’re currently looking for 2 Industrial Engineers to join our fast paced and dynamic Continuous Improvement team at our Distribution Centre in Knowsley, Liverpool. This team are responsible for completing work measurement activities in order to calculate accurate operational Standards.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across departments to identify best practice processes, standard minute values and production targets by completing time studies and rated activity samples.
- Provide status updates on work measurement activities and results, against the Industrial Engineering Project Plan and feedback any issues to the Lead Industrial Engineer
- Review KPIs for individual departments and monitor performance against calculated Standard Minute Values and targets.
- Support in delivery of process improvements by quantifying efficiency benefits as a result of a process change.
Qualifications required :-
- IMS Certificate
- Valid IMS Performance Rating Card
- Previous experience in a similar role within Distribution/Retail industry is required.
- Experience in the application of Work Study Measurement Techniques – time studies, production studies & rated activity sampling.
- Interest in Continuous Improvement for Logistics and Supply Chain (Knowledge of DMAIC methodology and LEAN tools & techniques).
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally supporting multiple departments
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision in a high pressured environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Willingness to travel in order to conduct work measurement activities (this role is predominantly based in the Knowsley Distribution Centre however there is a regular requirement to support the Corby Distribution Centre)
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We, therefore, encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Competitive plus benefits