Customer Insight Analyst
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Customer Insight Analyst to join our Marketing team here at Matalan Head Office.
As a Customer Insight Analyst you will be responsible for analysing customer information and providing reports, recommendations and actionable insight to management and various business functions. The role requires the acquisition of a deep understanding of the Matalan customer base so that any number of techniques can be applied to a given business question or problem. This position also requires excellent communication and presentation skills, to be able to convey complex insight in a clear and concise manner.
- Analysis of business information, providing reports and insights to senior management and various business functions as required
- Ad hoc and deep dive customer analytics ensuring clear insights are presented with commercial and actionable recommendations
- Use customer data and research to continually refine and grow our understanding of Matalan’s customers, ensuring ongoing customer engagement within the business
- Ensure the customer is accurately represented, correctly targeted and relevantly communicated with across all marketing communications and touch-points
- Design and evolve actionable customer segmentations to support the business-wide understanding of who our customers are, what we mean to them, what they mean to us, and how to serve them better
- Be able to implement these segmentation models on our databases and integrate them into business processes
- Fuse data from various sources (i.e. market data, customer feedback, eCommerce) to generate new insights that can deliver business benefit
- Involvement in the selection of customer populations for marketing campaigns, along with the subsequent reporting of these campaigns to the team and management
- Provide the business with commercial forecasts for different marketing initiatives, utilising historical performance and modelling to ensure these forecasts are as accurate as possible
- Take a lead role in the ongoing management and development of our econometrics modelling tool and the relationship with any third-parties engaged in this. This will include the development of additional reporting and marketing calendars to visualise different scenarios of how we utilise our marketing budget to meet financial targets
- Take control of the reporting and insight around campaign effectiveness, recommending potential amendments for existing campaigns and utilising available insight to identify future opportunities
- Be involvement in the presentation of insight back to the wider business at key points throughout the year – in particular the bi-annual customer workshops
- Suitable database marketing experience
- Strong T-SQL experience
- SAS/Python/R is advantageous
- Digital analytics experience (Google Analytics advantageous)
- Marketing / Business / Maths / Statistics or related Degree (2:1 or above preferred)
- Ideally a retail marketing background
- Experienced with the Microsoft Suite (Excel in particular)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of CRM tools/processes and experience in evaluating campaigns
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office
Depending on experience