12 month Placement - Finance
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
We’re a £1bn omni channel retail business, founded in the early 1980’s in Liverpool and proud of our continued ability to offer our customers high quality products at great prices. With over 220 stores in the UK, a rapidly growing online presence and a diverse product range, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun!
We’re committed to supporting those at the start of their career in Finance and our 12-month placement offers you the chance to work within our established Finance team, getting involved in multiple projects and gaining invaluable exposure to senior stakeholders across the business.
With the benefits of a dedicated onboarding & training programme, it won’t be long before you’re involved in every step of the process and your opinion will really count – something that sets us apart from other placement opportunities.
Each day is different, you’re continuously faced with new and exciting challenges, giving you the opportunity to develop and progress on your placement, and gaining knowledge to help in your future Finance career.
As a Finance Placement Student, you’ll work within Commercial Finance supporting the team through the provision of relevant, timely and accurate information and consistently challenging the business on costs and process efficiency, thereby driving profitability throughout the business.
The role will include:
- Maintenance and production of daily/weekly/monthly KPI & Sales Reports issued to the business including commentary as appropriate
- Month end routines including commentary, analysis, accruals, prepayments & reconciliation
- Point of contact for budget holders
- Production of performance reviews including analysis and commentary
- Proactively challenging the business, identifying potential risks and opportunities to budget
- Ad hoc project work and analysis as required
- 25 days holiday
- 20% discount
- Access to our ‘Family Extras’ website
- 12-week onboarding programme
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
To find the best students for our Finance team, we’d like you to have the following...
- Currently a 2nd-year student, ideally studying a Finance related course that requires you to complete a 12-month placement. Start date – Summer 2020.
- Retail work experience would be advantageous
- Commercially focused
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated and committed to developing your skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We, therefore, encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
This is your opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
If a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close before the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office