Health & Safety Coordinator
Corby Corby Curver Way, Willowbrook Industrial Estate, NN17 5XU 52.5016418 -0.6679656999
Depending on experience
About the Role
We’re looking for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join the team at our Corby Distribution Centre. As a Health & Safety Coordinator you will support the business ensuring that the Retail and Distribution networks administration is kept in good order and is up to date. You will provide administrative support primarily to the health and Safety function of the Business Risk Department, promoting the company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Support / advise the management team on health, safety and welfare within Retail and Distribution Centre in the South
- Support the DC and store operations / service departments with the successful implementation of Matalan Safety Management system.
- Provide information and specialist technical advice and guidance in line with current UK Health and Safety Legislation.
- Record, analyse and monitor trends causation in all statistics for accidents and near misses. Once an accident has occurred review the risk assessments making sure hazards are identified and controls are in place.
- Monitor and advise on accidents investigations and dangerous occurrences. Actively seek measures to prevent reoccurrence resulting in a reduction in accident numbers. Review all accidents
- Liaise with external enforcement agencies in relation to health, safety and fire compliance matters.
- Carryout fire risk assessments, ensure fire evacuations are carried out in line with company policy, sample a number of stores to check compliance and carryout any fire training as required.
- Maintain and review the store Health & Safety files on Insight i.e. risk assessment, safe systems of work, inspections, first aid and fire log, associated information and risk assess all new equipment and processes.
- Collate and distribute H&S information, safety briefs, legal updates to Management / employees
- Carry out inspections/audits across all shifts ensuring all procedures are being adhered to in line with company policies
- Provide statistical information, accident trends, updates to Managers, Safety Champions and any H&S forums
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Fire Legislation, UK and EC Legislation.
- Have a good understanding of the health, safety and welfare requirements within a multi-site retail environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with all levels within the group.
- Ability to influence up as well as down.
- Robust, resilient and assertive, not afraid to make decisions.
- Strong IT skills, having a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to adopt a continuous improvement approach to meet the challenges presented by a fast moving retail environment.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an inclusive employer, Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience