Treasury & Cash Administrator
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Treasury & Cash Administrator to join team here at Matalan. As the Treasury & Cash Administrator you will ensure that all sales information received from stores is recorded correctly and reconciled in line with company policies.
This will involve the completion of all daily banking and payments and assuring they have been completed and captured on the cash flow and making sure that all payments are signed off in line with the company policies and DLA.
You will ensure that all bank documents are processed in a timely manner and assist in the creation/process of Letters of Credit and deal with ad hoc queries as and when required.
- Ensure all store till reconciliations are entered onto Oracle accurately by the required deadlines.
- Action discrepancies and report to Business Risk e.g. Store floats and till differences.
- Ensure Cash Book and Bank Statement are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Liaise with banks and internal departments.
- To ensure that all payments are accurately processed on the bank and in accordance with finance department procedures and timetables.
- Reconciliation of the Petty Cash and Paypal account.
- Reconciling and posting daily Ecom journals with the previous days card payments.
- Carry out any task relating to Letters of Credit i.e. PO creation, process and issue, queries, record data etc.
- Assist with the input and amendments of supplier set ups ensuring accuracy of data.
- Collate Data for KPI’s.
- Provide support for both internal & external customers.
- Carry out any additional ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Provide cross functional knowledge transfer/training to ensure all daily activities are covered.
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent).
- Computer Literate with good Excel/Word skills.
- Ability to communicate with senior levels of management.
- Previous experience of trade finance or cash processes in a large organisation would be an advantage
- Positive, hardworking and enthusiastic outlook with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of inputting accuracy.
- Able to organise own workload and to reprioritise at short notice in order to meet deadlines.
- Good process analysis skills.
- Have the ability to carry out any ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Continuously look for process improvements.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office