Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Dependent upon experience
About the Role
We’re currently looking for Industrial Engineers to join our fast paced and dynamic Continuous Improvement team at our Distribution Centre in Knowsley, Liverpool. This team are responsible for impartially measuring performance across Matalan’s Distribution Centres and transport function.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across departments to identify the optimum time to perform measurement, conducting work studies whilst considering observations and current environmental factors.
- Provide status updates of work studies and their results in visual data format to stakeholders, on both a routine and ad hoc basis, reporting issues back to the Lead Industrial Engineer
- Involved in cyclical measurements of BAU processes and review of current KPIs across the business
- Support the creation of standardised KPIs for individual departments and the business, based on analyses and benchmarking against other companies
- Support in delivery of process improvements by quantifying efficiency benefits as a result of a process change
- Support in the modelling of future state processes where required to determine the most accurate measurements
- Previous experience in a similar role in the Retail industry is required
- Experience in the application of Work Study Measurement Techniques
- Interest in Continuous Improvement for Logistics and Supply Chain
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision in a high pressured environment
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally supporting multiple departments
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Willingness for travel to conduct work studies
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK and a growing online presence, working for Matalan is exciting, collaborative, challenging and fun!
You’ll receive an in-depth 2 day induction with exposure to all aspects of the business alongside an excellent benefits package including a holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, pension, 20% company discount and the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. You’ll also have access to our award winning learning & development platform, Matalan Education (Me.) to support your on-going career growth to become the best you can be.
Dependent upon experience