Planning Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Liverpool Liverpool Knowsley Distribution Centre, Acornfield Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7UF 53.4827 -2.8479
Depending on experience
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Planning Manager to join the team in our Knowsley Distribution Centre on a fixed term contract. As the Planning Manager, you will support the General Manager at through the forecasting, planning and management of cost and labour requirements based on volumes. Preliminary focus will be on both preparation for anticipated volumes, and identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies where possible, whilst demonstrating the Matalan values and behaviours, delivering both the Leadership and operational support and guidance required.
- Forecasting and planning volumes, calling out the impact on KDC costs and labour requirements based on company issued volumes
- Forecasting of finances, development of suitable models to forecast cost from activity change
- Liaison with department operational managers and on-site agency, to develop and deliver plans for recruitment.
- Monitoring planned vs. actual volumes, analysing variance and calling out cost impact to the operational managers
- Cost analysis and suggesting alternatives and possible cost efficiencies to the operational managers
- Production of reports and proposals where required, and presenting to Logistics management team to support with decision making
- As well as responding to problems, identification and elimination of root causes of recurring issues that raise cost and reduce performance
- Performing a ‘gatekeeper’ role on any initiatives and/or business changes that will have cost, labour and efficiency impact to KDC, involvement on projects required to communicate impacts to project team and stakeholders
- Management of shift balance and rotas, displaying cost-effective shift and capacity planning
- Efficiency management – analysing performance trends to identify shortfalls and recommend solutions
- Seeking out and recording hours and tasks that can be capitalised linked to KDC change projects
- Facilitate daily and weekly meetings where required
- Manage and develop the Performance Management System, and the clerks who control it
- Strong communication and people management skills including influencing more senior managers
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision in a high pressured environment
- Ability to manage timescales and budget
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Systems – strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Financial Awareness & Business Knowledge
- Data Analysis & Mathematics capabilities
- Understanding of Technical and Legal Matters such as the Working Time Directive
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Depending on experience