Profit Protection Advisor
Glasgow Glasgow 55.864237 -4.2518059999
Dependent upon experience
About The Role
We are currently looking for a Profit Protection Advisor to join the Business Risk team here at Matalan Head Office. As a Profit Protection Advisor, you will coach Store Teams in embedding a Shrink Reduction Strategy within their daily disciplines to ensure that the business risk to shrink is minimised. You will support and deliver the implementation of the wider business Shrink Reduction Strategy consistently across all areas.
- Formulate cost effective proposals on Loss Prevention resource and equipment to ensure that our Retail Stores are adequately protected during and outside of operational hours.
- Maintain a comprehensive up to date knowledge on criminal trends, to ensure that the Business is continually developing its Profit Protection Strategy to meet ever changing risks that are faced.
- Make appropriate recommendations for the current store estate and new openings on physical security measures that can be deployed, dependent on risk/environment.
- Proactively utilise data mining outputs to identify the risk of fraud, both internally and externally, and poor practices that contribute to margin erosion.
- In conjunction with Security Providers and Store Management teams, deploy Retail Security Officers to mitigate risk and maintain Staff & Customer safety.
- Plan and undertake investigations of suspected dishonesty and other breaches of policy by retail personnel and recommend action by way of criminal and/or civil prosecution or discipline in accordance with Company Policy.
- Gather information and support investigations by Police on criminal activity and provide testimony in court where required.
- Support the compliance of procedures and legislative requirements through development, improvement and implementation of training.
- Measure levels of procedural/legislative compliance and investigate and report on incidents of non compliance.
- Investigate potential fraudulent accounts/claims by online customers to resolution through customer service/account action/3rd party escalation.
- Engage and support 3rd parties to investigate potential fraud/dishonesty by couriers.
- Work closely with Area Managers to ensure they attract, recruit and retain the best Retail Security Officers to work in our stores.
- Develop and inspire the Security and Store teams through clear direction, leadership and development in all matters relating to Shrink Reduction and Store Compliance.
- Ensure that current Loss Prevention policies and procedures are understood by the Retail Security Officers, especially the Selective Arrest Policy.
- Retail Loss Prevention Management experience gained at an area or regional level
- Flexible approach to travel across the UK
- A good understanding of employment law and practice, support by detailed knowledge of legislation governing criminal investigations and other procedures relating to questioning suspects
- Experience of working with regulatory bodies, local authorities and external stakeholders
- Training in Wicklander Zulawski non-confrontational interviewing techniques would be desirable
Dependent upon experience