Purchase Ledger Assistant
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
About the Role
As a Purchase Ledger Assistant you will ensure that all supplier accounts are efficiently and accurately managed, supplier’s invoices are correctly accounted for, and that the suppliers are paid on a timely basis as well as ensuring that all stock delivered directly to stores is correctly accounted for on the ledger and within the stock system, highlighting and resolving any price queries, delivery file failures and communicating any problems with the appropriate departments.
You will also be responsible for the raising of sales ledger invoices and following cash collection processes, raising debit notes and ensuring that amounts are appropriately deducted from supplier.
- To receive and input invoices received from all suppliers and direct deliveries on a daily basis.
- To check that goods received agree with suppliers invoices.
- To reconcile direct deliveries to stores with suppliers invoices received
- To clear suppliers invoices for payment in order to meet agreed payment terms
- Provide first line support for incoming queries/issues by phone or email – Escalate more complex queries if necessary.
- To manage suppliers accounts, including regular reconciliation of suppliers statements
- Appropriately investigate issues and raise debit notes when required. Ensure debit notes are communicated to suppliers and are deducted in a timely manner.
- Extract the Spool form from Pennine to Direct spreadsheet.
- Provide POD (Proof of Delivery) to stores.
- Contribute to collating data for weekly/monthly KPI pack.
- Cross functional training to ensure full cover is provided due to holidays/sickness etc.
- Drive through improvements on existing and new processes.
- Ensure detailed knowledge of all policies and procedures are reviewed quarterly.
- Carry out task daily/weekly re sales ledger activities and also debit notes.
- Be able to carry out any additional ad hoc duties as and when required in order to ensure the smooth running of the department and that all daily/weekly/monthly task are completed on time ensuring an excellent customer service has been provided.
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent).
- Good communication skills particularly with Foreign Suppliers
- IT literate including experience of spreadsheets and word processing
- Have a high standard of input accuracy.
- Previous experience of working in a high volume Purchase Ledger Department would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate with more senior levels of management.
- Be able to carry out a full Route Cause Analysis and close off any queries.
- Ability to work in a busy team environment, to challenging deadlines.
- Positive, hardworking and enthusiastic outlook
- Carry out any ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Continuously look for process improvements.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office