Accounts Payable Administrator
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
An opportunity has arisen to join our Finance team here at Matalan as a Purchase Ledger Assistant / Accounts Payable Administrator. As the Purchase ledger Assistant, you will ensure that a selected range of supplier accounts are efficiently and accurately managed, that the suppliers invoices are correctly accounted for, and that the suppliers are paid on a timely basis. To ensure that all stock delivered directly to stores is correctly accounted for on ledger
- To receive and input invoices received from all suppliers on a daily basis.
- To check that goods received agree with suppliers invoices.
- To reconcile direct deliveries to stores with suppliers invoices received
- To clear suppliers invoices for payment in order to meet agreed payment terms
- To liaise with suppliers and other internal departments to resolve queries
- To manage suppliers accounts, including regular reconciliation of suppliers statements
- To receive delivery discrepancy reports from stores and taking appropriate action
- To reconcile periodically supplier statements
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Good numerical skills
- Able to input data efficiently and accurately
- Good communication skills particularly with Foreign Suppliers
- IT literate including experience of spreadsheets and word processing
- Previous experience of working in a high volume Purchase Ledger Department would be an advantage.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office