Ecommerce Trading Assistant
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen to join our eCommerce team as an eCommerce Trading Assistant. As a Trading Assistant you will assist the Assistant Ecommerce Trader in the effective management of product on the Matalan website ensuring product is set up accurately and correctly.
Amongst other things, you will be responsible for the management of page set up and Visual Merchandising of products within your category, managing promotions ensuring they are launched correctly, review best sellers and maintain the online product range to help maximise sales and profit.
This could be a great opportunity for an existing Trading Assistant or a graduate with a Business, Finance or Analytical type degree or similar.
- Understand and maintain the online product range to maximise Sales and Profit.
- Demonstrate an understanding of competitor activity, reviewing key activity, product launches and trend launches to ensure we are in a good position in the market.
- Accountable for Site walkthroughs
- Management of page set up and Visual Merchandising of products within your category, delivering the best possible experience to the customer
- Understand online shopping behaviour to further sales performance
- Review and progress the online availably of key product launches in conjunction with B&M and Stock Placement teams
- Understand our different customer types and their shopping behaviours
- Manage promotions ensuring they are launched in line with go live dates and present on the site and across all channels if needed.
- Analyse e-commerce KPI metrics to maximise sales opportunities.
- Review best selling product to ensure opportunity is maximised and products have good visibility throughout the site
- Work closely with the wider Marketing teams to ensure trade supports all campaigns from launch to analysis
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Complete daily, weekly and Ad Hoc reports in-line with business requirements
- Self motivated, self starter who displays self confidence and initiative
- Can cope with multiple tasks
- Planning and Organisational skills – utilising time and prioritising to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Good communication and interpersonal skills –adapting to any situation presenting a positive image with a ‘can do’ attitude and approach
- Develops self – taking a proactive approach to learning
- Demonstrates effective team working skills
- Hardworking and flexible attitude to work, time management skills
- Proactive team member with excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office