Liverpool 53.4789 -2.8471
Knowsley Head Office
About the Role
As the Lead Creative will work with the Senior Creative Studio Manager and acts as the main point of contact for the designers to advise on creative decisions and be responsible for conceptualising and delivering creative to the highest standards.
Working collaboratively with all team members and the wider Marketing function, you will provide support in managing the overall creative strategy and output of key integrated campaigns for use across multiple channels
- You are an expert in translating briefs into targeted, effective and inspirational creative.
- You are able to think strategically as well as being a hands on creative, able to come up with award winning work and to execute it.
- You are tasked with improving the quality of the creative output and to deliver fantastic work, helping to drive up the standards of creative delivery.
- You help develop and deliver brand and seasonal guidelines setting the creative standards. Ensuring these standards are delivered through each piece of work that leaves the design team.
- You develop and deliver high impact creative solutions; that meet the brief objectives and connect with our customers across multiple channels.
- You develop and maintain brand and seasonal guides. Ensuring they are implemented across channels, acting as a brand guardian.
- You ensure brand consistency whist innovating for the future.
- Manages the design/artwork function and its team members, mentoring and advising fellow designers, you are responsible for your teams workload and output
- Works closely with the Senior Creative Studio manager to help manage priorities and job status
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships and processes across the marketing team, wider company and external agencies/suppliers
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of the Matalan customer and ensures work is targeted accordingly
- Design related degree or equivalent
- Previous senior creative role with excellent knowledge of the retail sector
- Significant experience of producing integrated campaigns including PR, Print, Press and digital – with a portfolio of work that demonstrates this.
- Excellent working knowledge of design - including typography and art direction
- High level of technical proficiency in Mac OS and Adobe CC software
- Ability to generate and sell original and innovative ideas that can travel across multiple platforms
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining brand guidelines - working with design/strategic briefs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – with the ability to pitch ideas in a compelling manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with the creative team and Marketing team and key stakeholders
- Managerial experience of designers and artworkers – including briefing in-line with brand & seasonal guides
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Knowsley Head Office