Learning & Development Advisor (Design & Digital)
Liverpool 53.4789 -2.8471
Knowsley Head Office
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our HR Team as a L&D Advisor. As a L&D Advisor, you will you will play your part in delivering the L&D strategy for Retail through designing both face to face and online learning tools which support our business needs and drive future change.
- Develop new and innovative ways in which we can drive digital learning across Retail from General Sales Advisor to Management Level.
- Support Area Managers to drive the people agenda for their areas through the creation of new tools and methods which support their teams learning needs.
- Design, develop and evolve a credible onbording offer for new recruits which delivers on agreed objectives.
- Complete a project plan at the start of any new L&D intervention which outlines the current situation, expected future outcomes and plan of action.
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure the effective design of all Technical training ensuring it’s in line with the business need.
- Design behavioural training that acts as a catalyst for change and improves individual performance for both our Management and Team Leader Population.
- Remain commercial at all times ensuring interventions are strategic and focused around the things that will make the biggest business impact.
- Look for opportunities to work collaboratively with your L&D colleagues in other areas, contributing to projects when requested, sharing resources and ideas to avoid duplication.
- Complete comprehensive evaluation for each L&D intervention delivered which reports on the impact made.
- Provide suggested ways to improve current L&D interventions based on completed evaluation along with own intuition.
- Put steps in place to ensure the Me development offer is successfully embedded across business area, encouraging engagement in the 4 different ways to learn.
- Create user friendly training materials which support L&D initiatives.
- Experience and confidence in designing both technical and behavioural training.
- Experience in developing digital learning which has made an impact.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other e-learning design software.
- Experience of fast paced Retail environment.
- L&D/Training related qualifications such as CIPD/CTP/Coaching or psychometrics desirable along with any digital qualifications.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Knowsley Head Office