Liverpool 53.4789 -2.8471
Knowsley Head Office
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as an HR Apprentice. As an HR Apprentice you will support the HR Shared Services team in providing a proactive, professional and comprehensive HR service to our Distribution Centres, Retail Stores and HR Business Partners, ensuring that all HR administration is completed in a consistent, structured and accurate manner.
The successful applicant will be provided with the support and development to achieve a Level 3 in HR Support.
- Responsible for monitoring and undertaking exit interviews.
- Responsible for monitoring probationary periods, producing letters to confirm extensions and reviews when required.
- Delivers excellent customer service on a range of HR queries and requirements, providing solutions, advice and support primarily to managers.
- Responsible for all filing within the departments, ensuring e-personnel files for all employees are maintained and kept up to date – key support for the transition of paper files to the e-filing system
- Uses agreed systems and processes to deliver service to customers
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining employment references, ensuring that they are held for all employees and responding to requests for references for ex-employees and financial companies.
- Provide administrative support on an ad hoc basis to produce employee information, standard letters, memos, payroll paperwork and internal and external mail.
- Provide support to the HRBP’s including room bookings, photocopying and printing, co-ordinating meetings and supporting in HR Team Meetings.
- Consistently supports colleagues collaborates within the team and HR to achieve results. Builds/maintains strong working relationships with others in the team and across HR where necessary
- Solid administrative experience
- Good verbal communication skills, both vertically and horizontally
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in an HR environment is desirable
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Knowsley Head Office