Liverpool 53.4789 -2.8471
Knowsley Head Office
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist to join our marketing team here at Matalan. As a Data Scientist you will utilise advanced analytical and statistical modelling techniques to deepen the business understanding of our customer base.
- Create predictive models that aid with supporting business objectives across both our store estate and our ecommerce platform.
- Provide ad-hoc and deep dive customer analytics ensuring clear insights are presented with commercial and actionable recommendations.
- Responsible for the development of predictive models used across marketing and the wider business using a mixture of modelling techniques (propensity, churn, regression, clustering etc.)
- Design and evolve actionable customer segmentations to support the business-wide understanding of who our customers are, what we mean to them, what they mean to us, and how to serve them better
- Design and implement new statistical and other mathematical methodologies as required for specific models or analysis requirements
- Identifying business needs and issues by fostering relationships with key stakeholders across senior exec, operations, marketing and product teams
- Working with the wider analytics team on the overall data strategy moving forward
- Assisting in further development of our data warehouse - utilising loyalty card, online behavioural data and other sources where applicable
- Play a key role in the project to bring our econometrics modelling in house (both on and offline)
- Continually support the development & improvement of statistical modelling capability by developing the skills of the analysts in the team and by keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of advanced analytics
- Minimum of 5 years experience with statistical software such as SAS and R
- In-depth knowledge of database programming (T-SQL)
- Additional knowledge of other programming languages such as Java/Python would be beneficial
- A solid understanding of ETL processes, database management and administration
- Experience of visualisation software would be advantageous (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Digital analytics experience would be advantageous (Google Analytics, Google Big Query)
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel
- Able to translate, simplify and distil complex data into business insights
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Knowsley Head Office