Buyer - Menswear
Liverpool Liverpool Matalan Head Office, Perimeter Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley L33 7SZ 53.4789 -2.8471
Liverpool Head Office
About the Role
We’re currently looking for a Buyer to join our Menswear team in a fast paced, dynamic role where you’ll be responsible for creating and promoting a range of product for each season, in order to achieve sales, stock and margin targets for the relevant department.
- Co-ordinate both the look and style of the full range of the department, working with the Designer to agree on both mood and story boards for translation into product.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with existing and potential suppliers, attending trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips as and when required.
- Work closely with Merchandising to propose ranges/products for marketing campaigns and events, including ‘The Show’, following the key looks driven by Marketing.
- Prepare and present to Heads of department and Directors at range selection and sign off meetings.
- Plan product launches in line with divisional launch dates and ensure the ranges land on time by effectively managing the junior team and critical path.
- Manage and develop a team of Junior, Assistant and Trainee Buyers, setting and managing objectives alongside day to day distribution of workload.
- Negotiate costs with supply base on new and core products to meet BIM requirements.
- Create the strategy for the department alongside the Merchandising team to fit in with divisional KPIs.
- Proven experience in a Junior Buyer or Buyer role, within fashion retail, preferably Menswear
- Knowledge of current Menswear market and trends
- Ability to think commercially and strategically
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills
- High level of personal effectiveness
- Hybrid working, 3 days in the office, 2 days at home
- Flexible start and finish times
- Early Finish Friday every week (3 pm)
- Early Finish Birthday- 2pm finish on your special day
- Wellbeing day additional to annual leave
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing up to 30 days with length of service)
- 20% discount in-store and online
- Great development opportunities through our Matalan Education (Me) offer plus the chance to develop on the job and access funding for professional qualifications
- Private Healthcare
- Group Life Assurance of 3 x salary
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 11,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
We encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable you to perform at your best throughout the application and interview.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Liverpool Head Office